From Sven Kreiss
March 5, 2013: New York Times - Chasing the Higgs
Read the full story at: www.nytimes.com
"Higgs Boson"-like Discovery
I am proud to say that I contributed to the ATLAS Higgs Combination and the H→ZZ*→4l analyses in addition to having worked on the statistics tools that were used by ATLAS and CMS. The claim is the discovery of a new particle in the search for the Higgs Boson. Whether it really is the Higgs Boson will be shown in future analyses.
Here is the presentation from July 4, 2012:
What I do in Pictures
- 12/2012: The ATLAS Collaboration. A Particle Consistent with the Higgs Boson Observed with the ATLAS Detector at the Large Hadron Collider. Science, vol 338, issue 6114, 1576-1582
- 07/2012: The ATLAS Collaboration. Observation of a new particle in the search for the Standard Model Higgs boson with the ATLAS detector at the LHC. CERN-PH-EP-2012-218, Phys.Lett. B716 (2012) 1-29, http://arxiv.org/abs/arXiv:1207.7214
- 07/2012: The ATLAS Collaboration. Combined search for the Standard Model Higgs boson in pp collisions at √s = 7 TeV with the ATLAS detector. CERN-PH-EP-2012-167, http://arxiv.org/abs/arXiv:1207.0319
- 02/2012: The ATLAS collaboration. Combined search for the Standard Model Higgs boson using up to 4.9 fb⁻¹ of pp collision data at √s = 7 TeV with the ATLAS detector at the LHC. Phys.Lett. B710 (2012) 49-66, http://arxiv.org/abs/1202.1408
- 12/2010: The ATLAS collaboration. Measurement of the top quark pair production cross-section with ATLAS in pp collisions at √s = 7 TeV. Eur.Phys.J.C71:1577,2011, http://arxiv.org/abs/1012.1792
- 10/2010: L. Moneta, K. Belasco, K.S. Cranmer, S. Kreiss, A. Lazzaro, et al. The RooStats Project. PoS (ACAT2010) 057.
- 03/2008: M.M. Nojiri et al. Physics Beyond the Standard Model: Supersymmetry. SUSY working group report: Les Houches 2007. http://arxiv.org/abs/0802.3672
- 01/2008: B.C. Allanach et al. SUSY Les Houches Accord 2. CPC 180 (2009) 1, http://arxiv.org/abs/0801.0045